1) If the painter prepared the walls, check that the walls are smooth when the job is complete. Check them when there is plenty of light, but don’t just trust your eyes. Run your hand along the walls to check for parts that aren’t smooth.
2) If you see wobbly cutting-in lines, drips, and brush marks or evidence of spilled paint or splatters, talk to your painter immediately about your concerns.
3) Is the finish even and free of streaks? A perfect finish is harder to achieve with darker colours, but an experienced painter should have no problems.
4) A good painter will always clean up after themselves.
5) Not happy with the end result? Trust your instincts and talk to your painter if you have concerns.